Healthy Food Guide magazine is read by 386,000 health-conscious consumers each month. Healthy Food Guide is great value-for-money. The casual full page rate is only $4,815 (excl GST and commission-bearing). There are a range of directory sizes available starting at $315 excl GST.
Direct clients (ie. who don't use a media buying agency) Contact Aimee Fraser, or phone +64 9 484 1354
*To book a special position or guaranteed positioning within the magazine, add 15% to the applicable rate above.
NOTE: Additional volume discounts apply for annual spends over $115,000 + GST.
Advertorials* – quote on application.
*Conditions apply. Please discuss with Advertising Manager when requesting quote.
Small (59mm x 44mm)
Medium (H) (59mm x 92mm)
Medium (V) (124mmx44mm)
Large (124mm x 92mm)
*(depth x width)
Services Guide/Specialty Store listings
$300 for 6 consecutive months
$550 for 12 consecutive months
What’s Hot product page*
Sample Card or Coupon
Quote on application
Inserts or Onserts
Quote on application
Studio time for production of artwork
$500 + GST per ad
*Products on the 'What’s Hot' product page and Sample Card require editorial approval.
Rates apply to four-colour and mono, and for finished artwork supplied.
Rates are exclusive of GST and are quoted in $NZ.
Standard commissions apply for all accredited advertising agencies for direct client payment in full by 20th of the month following publication.
Healthy Food Guide reserves the right to accept or reject advertising material.
Our preferred format is a high-res PDF. We also accept flattened, high-res TIF and EPS files.
Material supplied via Adstream's Quickcut validation and delivery system is assured to meet our exact speficiations and arrive correctly. If you are not already set up with Quickcut, you can immediately submit your advert via the quicksend web service.
The reproduction of advertising supplied by other methods, such as on disk or via email, cannot be guaranteed.
If not using Quickcut, please send material to your account manager as an email attachment, and (if applicable) post/courier high-res colour accurate proofs directly to the Healthy Food Guide office.
If you intend to use our graphic design service, your deadlines are two weeks prior to the dates stated.
Deadlines for What's Hot, Sample Card, Shopping Guide and Services Guide are one week prior to the dates stated.
Advertising booking deadline:
Wednesday, 4.5 weeks prior to publication.
Material booking deadline:
Friday, 4 weeks prior to publication.
One week prior to booking deadline.
Mon 15 Dec
Fri 14 Nov
Wed 12 Nov
Mon 19 Jan
Fri 05 Dec
Wed 03 Dec
Mon 16 Feb
Fri 23 Jan
Wed 21 Jan
Mon 16 Mar
Fri 20 Feb
Wed 18 Feb
Mon 20 Apr
Fri 27 Mar
Wed 25 Mar
Mon 18 May
Fri 24 Apr
Wed 22 Apr
Mon 22 Jun
Fri 29 May
Wed 27 May
Mon 20 Jul
Fri 26 Jun
Wed 24 Jun
Mon 17 Aug
Fri 24 Jul
Wed 22 Jul
Mon 14 Sep
Fri 21 Aug
Wed 19 Aug
Mon 19 Oct
Fri 25 Sep
Wed 23 Sep
Mon 16 Nov
Fri 23 Oct
Wed 21 Oct
Advertising terms and conditions
Standard print advertisements
Conditions of contract:
1. Our Schedule of Advertising Rates operative at the time this contract is entered into, together with the Advertisement Proof (if any) for this Advertisement, forms our entire contract. Any alterations to our contract shall be in writing and signed by both parties.
2. All work carried out by us in producing or subsequently changing the advertisement shall be charged to you in addition to the advertising insertions rate shown above unles shown to the contrary.
3. All amounts and rates specified in this contract are exclusive of goods and services tax which shall be additional to all amounts payable by you.
4. Unless otherwise specified on the contract positioning of advertisements is at our discretion.
5. You shall deliver to us copy or other material at your expense by the date specified. If you fail to supply the required material by that date, we shall be entitled to full payment for the insertion which would otherwise have been published, whether or not we are able to publish the advertisement. Our decision as to whether we can publish shall be final. Our expenses (including tolls and freight charges) following the deadline date, in endeavouring to secure replacement material shall be recoverable from you.
6. Advertising agents accredited with the Print Media Accreditation Authority (“PMAA”) will be paid commission for advertising so long as the Publisher’s Terms of Trade are strictly observed. The Publisher may deem any advertisement or advertising agent accepting a commission or rebate to be observing and acting in accordance with the PMAA’s conditions whether or not such advertiser or agent is accredited by the PMAA or not. Any discount for prompt payment applies only if payment is made in full within 10 days of the insertion concerned.
7. You shall make all payments due under this contract on the 20th of the month of publication of any insertion. If any payment is not made then, without prejudice to our right to immediately enforce all remedies available to us, we may:
7.1 cancel this contract (with cancellation rate adjustments, if any, applying);
7.2 charge penalty interest on all overdue amounts at the rate of 20% per annum from the due date until the date on which payment is received;
7.3 recover all collection costs (including all legal costs and disbursements) from you.
8. All proceedings arising out of this contract shall be conducted in Auckland, New Zealand unless we otherwise in our discretion decide.
9. Our maximum liability to you for any act or omission on our part shall not exceed the cost of one insertion pursuant to this contract.
10. By signing this contract you warrant and undertake that no statement, representation or information contained in the advertisement is:
10.1 or is likely to be misleading or deceptive or to otherwise infringe the Fair Trading Act 1986; or
10.2 in breach of any applicable Advertising Standards Authority Inc Advertising Code of Practice; or
10.3 otherwise in breach of any provision or statute, regulation, rule or law (including but not limited to The Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code); and that the publication will not result in any claim or action whatsoever being made or taken against us.
11. You hereby agree to indemnify us against and in respect of all such claims or actions resulting from publication of your advertisement and the cost (on a solicitor and client basis) of defending such claims or actions including but not limited to claims of defamation, breach of copyright, trademark of other intellectual or industrial property rights.
12. Healthy Life Media Limited reserves the right to:
12.1 request substantiation for any health or nutritional claims made in any advertisement;
12.2 add a keyline, the word “Advertisement” and/or change fonts used in any advertisements that, in our opinion, look similar to editorial; and/or
12.3 accept or reject any advertising material and to edit copy to make it conform to our legal or ethical requirements.
13. Advertisers making therapeutic claims must have TAPS (Therapeutic Advertising Pre-Vetting System) approval. Healthy Life Media Limited reserves the right to decline to publish advertisements without a TAPS number.
14. Unless otherwise specified, all insertions subsequent to the first insertion will be in consecutive issues of the publication.
15. No liability. The Publisher and the Publisher’s servants are not and will not be liable for any loss incurred by any party through error or negligence, either in the content of an advertisement or the incorrect appearance of an advertisement. The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply to the extent permitted by Section 43 (2) of such Act.
16. The deadline for cancellation of advertising bookings (not recipe advertising promotions) is 1 week prior to the advertising booking deadline, as stated in the most recent media kit. Healthy Life Media Limited reserves the right to charge for the full cost of the media placement if cancellation is received after this date.
17. The deadline for cancellation of recipe advertising promotions is 10 weeks prior to the on sale date and prior to HFG engaging professional services for recipe creation, food styling, photography or nutritional analysis. Healthy Life Media Limited reserves the right to charge for the full cost of the media placement if cancellation is received after this date.
Recipe advertising promotions
Additional terms and conditions for recipe advertising promotions within Healthy Food Guide:
Recipe advertising promotions within Healthy Food Guide are paid advertisements in which branded product(s) are used in recipes created by the Healthy Food Guide (HFG) team and cost is fully inclusive of the following:
Recipe creation, brand/product mention within ingredients list, food styling, photography of finished dish, design and layout of page(s) within Healthy Food Guide, nutritional analysis of recipe (by degree qualified nutritionist) and creation of Nutrition Information Panel, nutritionist comment about health benefits of recipe, space on the page for product promotion; ie picture of product, logo and information relevant to consumers.
If the recipe qualifies for HFG Nutrition Icons, eg high-fibre, these will be included on the recipe as a design element. They cannot be guaranteed.
Your product(s) must be approved by HFG Editor and Nutritionist as suitable ingredient(s) to be in an HFG recipe, prior to acceptance of booking.
All editorial and advertising-promotion copy published in HFG is subject to approval by the HFG nutritionist for accuracy. HFG reserves the right to request changes to any copy to ensure that nutritional information is represented accurately.
The editorial and advertising-promotion copy will ideally include practical tips for consumers on how to buy, use or store your product. It is not to contain any health claims.
You do not have the right to reject the photograph of the recipe or require any further changes to the recipe itself after photography has taken place.
HFG reserves the right to modify the recipe after photography has taken place if it requires any changes to fit within HFG’s nutritional criteria for recipes.
If you have a specific photograph you wish to use; and you have the legal right to reproduce it; you may submit it for HFG’s consideration.
HFG owns copyright of all recipes and photographs commissioned by HFG but gives you the right to reproduce the published recipe and photograph in other media. NOTE: The HFG layout, Nutrition Information Panel, Nutritionist comment and any HFG editorial is not able to be reproduced in any form, without written permission from the Managing Director of Healthy Life Media Limited.
Recipe(s) will be created, tested and sub-edited by HFG before sending to you for approval.
Rate includes reasonable requests for copy changes (excluding changes to the recipe or photograph after prior approval) but more than three change requests will incur an additional design charge of $160 + GST per hour.