Full ingredients list:
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini (white) beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 sticks celery, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 4-5 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place beans in a salad bowl with tomatoes, celery, avocado, capsicum and parsley. Stir balsamic vinegar through salad.
Step 2 Leave to stand for half an hour or so for flavours to mingle.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Cate Stuart (Wellington)
You could add cold, cooked chicken, smoked chicken, ham or even tuna to the mix to make a more substantial meal, or serve as a side dish with barbecued meat.
Cate says: “I’ve been trying to include more legumes/beans in the family menu lately. After a few experiments, I made up this recipe. It’s delicious!”
About this recipe
First published: March 2006