Thai rice sambal
Please log in to save or rate.
6 (as a side, or 2-3 as a meal)
Time to make:
20 mins, plus 25 mins to cook brown rice
$1.11 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- handful fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 stalks fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 courgettes, cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- handful toasted peanuts, to garnish (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the lemongrass, garlic and ginger, then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, sugar and the rice and toss thoroughly before adding the mint and coriander.
Step 2 Garnish with peanuts and serve as a side dish or as a light meal or snack.
Adjust the spice using more or less chilli to suit your taste.
About this recipe
First published: July 2007