Blackcurrant yoghurt cakes
Please log in to save or rate.
10 (makes 10 small cakes)
Time to make:
$0.81 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- canola oil spray, for greasing
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat spread
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 cup frozen blackcurrants or cranberries
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a muffin pan with a little spray oil. Cream spread with sugar until light and fluffy using a wooden spoon or electric beater.
Step 2 Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Step 3 Sieve flours with mixed spice. Fold dry ingredients into eggs with yoghurt. Add blackcurrants or cranberries. Stir in lightly.
Step 4 Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan and level surface with a knife. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and firm to touch. Cool before icing. Ice with glacé icing and top with fresh or frozen berries of your choice.
Experiment with different fruit such as blueberries, or use a combination of fruit.
- These mini-cakes can be frozen un-iced for a month.
- Frozen fruit is good to use in this recipe as it holds its shape better.
- See our cake-baking tips, for perfect cakes every time.
About this recipe
First published: December 2008