Full ingredients list:
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 2 red capsicums, coarsely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 courgettes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- chopped fresh parsley or basil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook onion and garlic in a large oiled saucepan over a medium heat until softened. Reduce heat to low. Add eggplant and capsicums. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 2 Add tomatoes, courgettes, and oregano. Mix well. Cover and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes. Serve with fresh herbs and season to taste.
About this recipe
First published: November 2010