Full ingredients list:
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, scrubbed, cubed
- 1/2 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid vegetable stock
- 420g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 420g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 lemon, zest
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a heavy-based pot with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Fry onion and carrots until softened. Add lentils and stock then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 2 Add the remaining ingredients, except sour cream. Stir well and simmer for 15 minutes until lentils are thoroughly cooked.
Step 3 Serve immediately with sour cream.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of stock, curry powder and reduced-fat sour cream. Serve with rice.
About this recipe
First published: October 2011