Cubed roasted vegetables
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon each curry powder, plain or smoked paprika and garlic salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 8 cups vegetables: pumpkin, red onions, potatoes, orange kumara, carrots, parsnip, beetrootbeetsX, capsicums (red, green and/or orange), mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons garlic-infused or plain olive oil
- handful fresh rosemary
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
dietary fibre N/S
1 To make Seasoning mix, combine all ingredients in a screw-topped jar. Shake to mix.
2 Preheat oven to 220°C. Prepare vegetables: remove skin from pumpkin and onions and wash the other vegetables. Cut everything, except onions and mushrooms, in 2-3cm cubes. Cut onions in quarters through the root. Leave mushrooms whole.
3 Place all the vegetables except mushrooms in a large plastic bag (supermarket bags work well). Drizzle three-quarters of the oil over then toss to coat. Sprinkle about 3-4 teaspoons Seasoning mix into the bag (save the rest for future use), and toss vegetables again. Add rosemary and toss again. Brush mushrooms with the remaining oil.
4 Place non-stick baking paper in a large roasting pan. Spread vegetables in pan base no more than two deep. Bake for about 45-60 minutes, turning vegetables once after 30 minutes. Serve with Celebration salmon and our festive Family favourite salad on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry powder.
If you want to roast the vegetables and Celebration salmon together, place salmon in the oven after the vegetables have cooked for about 45 minutes
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..